Sunday, June 30, 2013

Homework_2nd week_Email



This email is to junior colleague to help to find Intern position.

Hi! xxxx,

Did you get a job offer from xxxx?
If not, I can help you to to apply to my previous company, xxxx design firm.

I saw that you researched Sushi samba restaurant for your thesis.
xxxx design firm designed the restaurant and I had worked there until last year.
If you are interested in applying to them for intern position, I can refer you to HR.

Then, I would like to recommend you to rearrange your portfolio focusing on hospitality and retail works.
Also, I suggest to change your resume, because It's hard to read vertically arranged white text with gray background.
Reviewer will look through everything in short time.
You need to consider how your portfolio is presented impressively at a glance. 
I think less text and powerful visual images would be helpful.

And, if you have some 3D works, please include them to your portfolio, too.
They keep looking for designer who is good at 3D works.

Please let me know, if you need anything I can help you.
 
Thanks,

Best,
Najung

5 comments:

  1. Can you make the third paragraph more concise? For example, 1st and 4th and 5th sentence can be combined. Also, 3D work too...It is all one idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revised the third paragraph:

    Then, I would like to recommend you to revise your portfolio focusing on hospitality and retail works with less text and strong images.
    If you include 3D works, it might be helpful, too.
    Also, I suggest you to change your resume layout and color in order to get better readability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good. In the first paragraph, I would first mention strong images and then less text. How about...Additionally, it might be helpful to include 3D works.

    Do not forget to bring a hard copy of anything you want me to check.

    ReplyDelete